|Riverside University Health System||Moreno Valley, CA||12 months|
The Orthopaedic Surgery Physician Assistant Fellowship at Riverside University Health System is an intensive clinical and didactic training experience. This is a full-time, twelve-month program requiring no more than 80 hours per week averaged over a 4-week period of clinical, operative and emergency room based work and didactic program of regularly scheduled lectures. A salary is paid to each Physician Assistant Fellow participating in the program. In addition, a benefit package including health insurance, uniforms and vacation will be provided. Textbooks, medical equipment and housing are the PA fellow’s responsibility.
All applications received will be reviewed and candidates will be scheduled for interviews. PAs who have submitted applications may or may not be invited to participate in interviews. An interview is mandatory for admission to the Program.
- Graduate of a CAAHEP-accredited Primary Care Physician Assistant Program.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) and License to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of California. If you are offered a position and fail to obtain a license to practice as a PA in the State of California by the start of the academic year, you will be terminated from the program. Interim permits will not be accepted. If you have not taken the Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam (PANCE) administered by the NCCPA, you must take the test by a date that will ensure that you have your license by the beginning of the academic year. You must apply to the Physician Assistant Examining Committee for the necessary forms for licensure: PAEC, 1424 Howe Ave., #35, Sacramento, CA 95825-3237, Tel: 916-263-2670 or (FAX) 916-263-2671. Internet address: www.physicianassistant.ca.gov
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED FOR YOUR APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE:
- Application (Contact Atrina Johnson at 951-486-4698 or via email at [email protected])
- Three (3) current letters of recommendation from the following:
- Letter from program director (If applicant has completed PA program in last two years.) OR Letter from current employing physician if currently working as a Physician Assistant and graduated greater than two years ago.
- Two (2) letters from recent supervising physicians or PAs.
- Copy of valid ACLS and BLS cards.
- An official copy of NCCPA certification.
- Official transcript from the Primary Care PA Program attended sent directly to us from your program with official seal. If you have not graduated yet, send transcript to date now and final transcript will need to be sent after graduation.
- A copy of Primary Care PA program graduation diploma or certificate, or if still a student, your program director must verify your status as a student in good standing and your anticipated graduation date.
- Curriculum Vitae (typewritten).
- Personal Statement (typewritten). This should be a brief statement of interest and motivation for Orthopaedic Surgery including how you became interested in the field, what attracted you to it, and future goals and career plans.
- Recent photograph
The application and other required items should be sent to:
Atrina Johnson, Residency Coordinator
RUHS Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
26520 Cactus Ave.
Moreno Valley, CA 92555