|Carolinas Healthcare System Center||Charlotte, NC||12 months||28 students|
Post-Graduate Acute Care Fellowship Program
The post-graduate acute care fellowship program allows both NPs and PAs to develop the knowledge base to perform procedures and life-saving interventions in various high acuity patient populations and situations. The fellowship concentrates on typical difficulties with transition to practice, and prepares the ACP to perform in a specialized acute care setting while developing foundational specialty-specific skills and knowledge.
Eight inpatient specialties available:
- Medical critical care (ACNPs or PAs only)
- Acute care surgery (ACNPs or PAs only)
- Carolinas Hospitalist Group
- Palliative Care
- Emergency Medicine (PAs, ENP, or dual certification as FNP/ACNP)
- Cardiothoracic Surgery (ACNPs or PAs only)
Other specialty tracks are being developed.
Acute care fellows experience:
- Nine-month mentored clinical rotation within their specialty choice
- Three-month standardizedd critical care curriculum
- Two to three months of ICU or elective clinical rotation
- Weekly specialty didactics