The UWMC Cardiovascular Advanced Practice (CV APP) Fellowship prepares postgraduate APPs (Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners) to utilize evidenced-based practice and develop specialized skills to care for chronic and acutely ill patients across the continuum of cardiovascular specialty and subspecialty areas.
The UWMC CV APP Fellowship is an intense, highly structured, comprehensive program through which newly licensed APPs will acquire in-depth cardiovascular knowledge, advanced skills, and mentorship to deliver safe, quality care that meets standards of practice at a quaternary medical center.
The Fellowship is designed for self-motivated, eager, skilled and knowledgeable newly licensed graduates who excelled in their APP training and now wish to build upon those skills in a high acuity medical center.
The Fellowship includes 12-months of practice-based experiences and didactic activities to promote professional development in cardiovascular care.
- Eligible for ARNP or PA licensure.
- Proven excellence working in an interdisciplinary collaborative team environment.
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, and critical thinking skills.
- Training and experience in the provision of cardiovascular care including initial assessment, diagnostic evaluation, and management of patients.
The Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery at the University of Washington School of Medicine, invite applications for two Advanced Practice Provider fellow positions in a one-year Cardiovascular Fellowship program. This position is open to Advanced Practice Providers (Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners) and will provide a faculty appointment at the rank of Teaching Associate, on a twelve-month service period.
The following documents must be submitted by the deadline
- Letter of Interest discussing your interest in pursuing the fellowship, future career goals, and relevant background which has prepared you to be successful in a rigorous fellowship program.
- Three professional references including both email and telephone contact information, including your current ARNP/PA program director and a supervisor from your most recent employer.
Address and Contact
- Aaron Hampton
- CV APP Fellowship Program Administrator
- phone: 206-616-8941
- email: [email protected]
- 1959 NE Pacific St, Seattle, WA 98195
- Web: https://uwsurgery.org/introduction-to-surgical-education3/cardiovascular-advanced-practice-provider-fellowship/